Training that makes a difference
Patrick’s offers a practical approach to training and does so in four main ways:
• Tailored in-company courses: short courses can be conducted specific to the needs of a particular group. Such courses reflect the tasks people must undertake and are designed to inform, assess current practice and develop skills and change behaviour if necessary. All are designed to have a significant and lasting effect on how people can operate in the future. Such intentions pervade the other forms of training listed here too.
• Public seminars: these are all-comers programmes, usually promoted by a management institute or other organisation and designed to allow attendees from different companies and industries to benefit. Sometimes these are not completely open, but focus on an industry, for example Patrick has conducted numbers of programmes in the hotel sector and for professional service firms (such as accountants, lawyers and surveyors).
• Tutorials: one-to-one training or mentoring is also available. This might be an hour or a day or a series of sessions designed to tackle an individual area of skill and performance. This approach can work for anyone; I have conducted sessions for people ranging from business owner/managers and a director of a financial institution to an independent feng shui consultant!
• Conferences: a session can be conducted at a company or public conference to highlight issues or to instruct also (such might vary from an hour to a half-day)
• Making effective presentations (with or without a sales dimension)
• Business writing (in all its forms, so a focus might be on reports or sales proposals)
• Selling techniques
• Negotiation techniques
• Marketing (an overview or a focus on specific areas)
• Managing a sales team
• Management techniques (such as time management).
Shorter sessions can touch on a range of topics: from managing and motivating staff to career development (books provide an indication of the full range of topics).
More information is available: just click on “Make contact” to ask a question or initiate a conversation.
'It is what you learn after you know it all that counts.'
Touchstone Training & Consultancy
28 Saltcote Maltings
Essex CM9 4QP
Tel/fax: 01621 859300